Very often, we get stamps that we would like to collect. However, these stamps might be fixed on envelopes.
Below is the method that I use for soaking my stamps:
1. Prepare a tub or basin of lukewarm water.
2. Separate your stamps into the "whites" and "colored" based on the evelopes they are stuck on.
3. Soak the "whites" first. The stamps should be facing up when you soak them so that the heavier part (the envelope) will peel off nicely.
4. Try to separate the stamps such that they do not stick to one another.
5. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes and remove.
6. Lay them out on a piece of paper to dry facing up. Make sure that there is no gum remnants on the back otherwise the stamps will stick to the paper.