Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ruined Stamps by Poor Soaking Method

I ruined some stamps because I did not soak them properly.

The mistake I made was to use cool water instead of lukewarm water. Was too lazy and figured that cool water would work just as well. I waited and waited and realised that the stamps did not come off even after half and hour.

By then, a lot of the paper was starting to disintegrate and the stamps were still stuck to them!

What followed was me trying to use my fingers to "rub" away the paper that was still stuck to the back of the stamps. Some stamps were spoilt as they got torn as I was trying to do that.

Oh well. Guessed I learnt from my mistake. ALWAYS USE LUKEWARM OR WARM WATER TO SOAK STAMPS. Remember that my friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails