Saturday, November 12, 2011

Improving Your Stamp Collection - Knowing Your Limits

I have been bidding on Ebay for many stamps lately and I realised that bidding is really done based on a spur of the moment thing.  Sometimes, it isn't simply because the stamp being put up for auction is valuable or anything.  It is just that I want to improve my collection and I really wanted it at that point in time.

Many times, I find myself being outbid by other presumably stamp collectors who somehow seem to have a deeper pocket than mine and who can afford to put up really crazy bids for the items.  It is with this that the realisation that stamp collecting is really about acquisition and it involves stepping over others to get the stamp that you treasure the most.

One thing for sure:  It is good to know your financial limits when seeking to improve or build up your stamp collection.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails